Thursday, April 5, 2012

Colorado Marathon Countdown

With one month to go until the May 6 Colorado Marathon, my training continues to go well.  The possible groin tweak that I mentioned a couple of days ago seems to have disappeared.  At least I didn't notice it on today's 1.5 hour maintenance run.  In fact, I seem to have no lingering effects from last weekend's 27-mile long run.  Tomorrow's schedule calls for cross training.  I have a hill workout penciled in for Saturday and cross training again on Sunday.

Next week will be my final week of full-on workouts and will culminate with my final long run next weekend.  I'll begin my 3-week taper after that.  I'm getting excited!

I've used the ASICS GT-2100 series as a training shoe for several years.  They've kept me relatively injury-free and they are very durable.  I'm training in the GT-2160 now.  The latest model in the series, the GT-2170 will be the last.  ASICS is redesigning the shoe and will re-launch it in October as the GT-2000.  Here's an early look from the folks at Running Warehouse: http://blog.runningwarehouse.com/rs/asics-gt-2000-sneak-peek/

For trails, I wear the Saucony Peregrine and ran my only ultra marathon trail race, the Madison North Face Endurance Challenge 50K, in them.  Saucony has updated the shoe, and ultra website irunfar.com reviews it here: http://www.irunfar.com/2012/04/saucony-peregrine-2-review.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+irunfar%2FwAAy+%28iRunFar%29

Here's a Runners' World interview with elite ultra runner Scott Jurek about his friendship with the legendary Caballo Blanco who passed last week while running in New Mexico: http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/microsite/article/0,8029,s6-238-511-0-14280-0,00.html?cm_mmc=RT-_-Content-Profile-_-04042012-_-JurekRemembersTrue

No comments:

Post a Comment