Saturday, April 7, 2012

Just hopping along

We're enjoying nice spring weather for Easter Weekend here in Hog Heaven.  I took advantage of the cool, sunny conditions this morning to do a hill workout: 6 x .5 mile hill repeats at 5K effort.  Add in warm-up and cool-down miles, and I clocked 10 miles.  It was such a good workout that I doubt that I'll feel guilty tonight when I have ice cream!  For Easter, I plan to take a brisk 4-mile hike.  Just hopping along.

Next week is my last full-on training week before I begin a three-week taper for the Colorado Marathon (May 6).  The schedule calls for 3 one-hour maintenance runs and a final long run (24-26 miles).  I'm still checking the long-term weather forecast and trying to determine the best day for the long run.  Anytime Thursday thru Sunday will do.  Stay tuned.

Here's something to look forward to if you enjoy running documentaries: a film following U.S. marathoner Ryan Hall as he prepares for the 2012 Olympic Games:  http://trackfocus.com/distance/ryan-hall-film-41st-day-in-production-kickstarter-project-launched
Look for the documentary in 2013.

Mark your calendar: NBC will telecast twelve hours of live coverage of the U.S. Track & Field Trials from Hayward Field in Eugene, Ore., from June 22 thru July 1.  You can find the full schedule here: http://www.usatf.org/News/NBC-to-feature-12-hours-of-live-track-and-field-co.aspx

HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment