Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Shoes R Us

It's another spring-like day here in Hog Heaven with temps near 60 under partly cloudy skies.  Like yesterday, the only meteorological downside is a howling March wind: sustained winds 20-30 mph with gusts up to 40.  Considering some of the possible alternatives, we'll take it.

After yesterday's hill workout, I took it easy today with a one-hour recovery/maintenance run.  Tomorrow is an off-day for me.  That leaves two runs to complete this week: another one-hour maintenance run, and if I'm up to it, a speed workout over the weekend: 6 x 1-mile at race pace. 

The big news today is the announcement of Apple's new iPad.  Of course, you can't run with an iPad.  Okay, maybe you could, but it's probably not a good idea.  It is a good idea, however, to find the best possible shoes to run in.   

First, here's some news regarding the new Saucony Kinvara 3 that will be out on May 1 apparently.  Check here for info and pix: http://blog.runningwarehouse.com/rs/saucony-kinvara-3/

I own a pair of the Kinvara 2 and like them very much.  My only question concerns their durability.  I understand that Saucony has improved the durability of the Kinvara 3 and without adding weight.  Of course, change isn't free.  At $100, the new shoe costs 10 bucks more than its predecessor. 

A trail version of the Kinvara, the Kinvara TR, will be launched in July according to this piece: http://samwinebaum.blogspot.com/2012/01/introduction-saucony-kinvara-3-and.html

Right now, my go-to trail shoe is the Saucony Peregrine.  I've had the Peregrines since last summer and ran the North Face Endurance Challenge 50K at Madison, Wisc., last fall in them.  I had absolutely no problems.  But, I'm always on the lookout for a better alternative.  So, I'm anxious to try the Kinvara TR.

No comments:

Post a Comment